Monday, May 26, 2014

Naruto Shippuden Review: Episodes 156-165

I usually do Naruto reviews five episodes at a time, but I've gotten a bit behind, which means ten episodes in this one. I've actually watched more than that, but I'm saving the others for later in order to keep with multiples of five. I actually thought I had fifteen to review, so it was a pleasant surprise to see it was only ten. This will probably be all over the place since there's a lot that I'm trying to condense, and I'm wanting to say everything at once. Plus, some of my notes from the earlier episodes make no sense to me now, so there's that. This is why I shouldn't wait so long to review episodes.

I'm really loving the new sage powers Naruto has now. Everything about these episodes has just been perfection for me, and it's been a long time since I've said that about Naruto. It's crazy how much Naruto's grown on me as a character. For the majority of the first series, I was just kind of neutral about him. I didn't hate him. I even liked him and everything, but I wasn't overly fond either. Then, at the end of the first series I felt really sympathetic about Sasuke and everything, and I guess my feelings towards Naruto became stronger. It's like something that sneaked up on me when I wasn't looking. All I know is that during this sage mode storyline, I've been feeling an overwhelming sense of pride towards Naruto, and it's making me feel like a proud mother. It kind of hit me how far he's come from the beginning of the first series. (That also made me very aware that I've spent almost five years on this series so far, and I'm still not caught up on it, but let's not focus on that.)

There's been a lot in these episodes that's made me sentimental, including there still being stuff about Jiraiya and how his death has affected Naruto.

I was really confused about the whole Pain and Madara thing and who was actually in charge of the Akatsuki, so I'm glad that's finally getting explained a bit. I tried looking stuff up (I've long stopped avoiding any sort of spoilers), but none of it really made it clear. I think I get it now though, so I'm glad about that.

I enjoyed how many different characters we got to see in these episodes as well. It's always nice to see some of the people we don't always get to see, and I think a good deal of the cast made at least a short appearance. Getting to see a lot of the characters fight was another kind of sentimental thing when you think about the young characters from the beginning of the series until now. Sakura taking charge at the hospital, for instance, was nice to see.

I wasn't expecting Konoha to get completely leveled to the ground. That really shocked me. I'm sure they'll rebuild and everything, but I wonder how long it'll take. I also wonder how many survivors they are. They were evacuating the village before it happened, but that doesn't mean people didn't die. I wonder how many people are gone now and if that'll affect the village.

Konohamaru talking about Naruto made me a tad emotional. I loved seeing the flashbacks to Naruto teaching him, and I love how much Konohamaru looks up to Naruto. It's sweet.

I think that's all I've got for now. I'd probably have more to say, but I've watched 166-168 already, and they're all I can really think about. I have so much to say about them, but it'll have to wait. Hopefully I watch 169 and 170 soon and get around to the review. I'll definitely try to make it soon because, like I said, I really want to talk about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment