Tuesday, November 5, 2013

HIMYM Review: Season 9 Episode 8: "The Lighthouse"

I really loved this episode. I found every storyline in it enjoyable, and it was a really fun episode in a lot of ways.

I'm still really loving Marshall and Daphne's arguing on their road trip. I loved her little speech to Marshall about not letting people walk all over him, and then Marshall forcing her to listen to "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)." It reminded me of when my sister plays that song in the car actually. Also, I loved the bit where Marshall wants to take the mug to embarrass Ted, and then him and Daphne deciding to wait for the picture. Their storyline in this episode was probably the most hilarious to me of all of them.

Robin and Loretta fighting over scrambled eggs was a bit odd. I don't know how you could make scrambled eggs that great, but maybe I'm biased since I'm not a huge fan in the first place. I like scrambled eggs okay, but they've never been more than an okay thing to me. I've never thought of them as something that one could make that much superior to another. It was amusing though, and I would have liked to see if Robin's mom really could have beaten Loretta if she had shown up.

It's really sad that Robin's mom isn't coming to the wedding. I was excited about the possibility of seeing her during the episode, but I also really like that Loretta began to comfort her at the end of the episode. It was a nice storyline, and I hope they continue to get close during the season.

I can't believe we got to see Ted propose! I started freaking out when I realized what was about to happen. I was excited enough to see the mother again, but I hadn't been expecting to see the proposal on the show since it's supposed to end when he meets her. Even with the few flash forwards that we've had, it never occurred to me that we would get to see the proposal. I'm really happy we did though. It was cute, and I'm happy we got to see that. I hope the mother appears again soon too because I enjoy seeing her.

I hope next week's episode is just as good as this one was. Maybe we'll even get to see the mother again next episode. That would be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment