Saturday, November 23, 2013

Legend of Korra Review: Book 2 Episodes 11 and 12: "Night of a Thousand Stars" and "Harmonic Convergence"

It's currently 1D Day, and I'm planning to watch for the full seven hours. However, I'm really behind on reviews, so I wanted to try and write this while watching. It's going to be really distracted and probably disjointed, and I'm sorry about that. I can't believe it's been more than a week since we saw the finale! I'm going to try and keep finale stuff out of here though. I'll do another review for those episodes, and hopefully I won't be quite as distracted.

I'm so proud of Bolin in these episodes! He hasn't gotten to do all that much this season, and I was extremely hopeful that he would do something awesome in the final episodes. Sure enough, he did. I got so excited when he realized what was going on and managed to save the president. I'm really glad that he finally got to do something useful and not just be comic relief again.

I was also extremely happy that everyone finally realized that Mako was right. That was my other biggest frustration this season: no one believing Mako. I'm so happy that he was finally taken seriously and let out of jail.

The romance in these episodes really frustrated me. I just found it all cringe-worthy. As I've said before, I really didn't like how they went for a love triangle thing, and it just got worse in this episode.

Bumi taking everyone down and getting them out was excellent. That was just a really awesome and fun scene. All of the fighting in these episodes was great, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. I loved it.

The biggest issue I had with these two episodes (other than the romance) was how Asami was just pushed into the background towards the end. I know she's not a bender, but they could have had her do something important later. Instead, we just don't get to see her, and she looks so disappointed when Korra tells her to go with the others. I hated that.

I hope I'm not forgetting anything really important, but like I said, I've been working on this post for about two hours and sporadically writing sentences. I'm going to get back to focusing on 1D Day. I hope to review the finale soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment