Friday, November 1, 2013

Reign Review: Episode 3: "Kissed"

I wasn't expecting a character like Prince Tomas to come into the picture, but after it happened, I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised. I have no idea if he's based on any real person or not, but I don't really see him staying on the show for long. Mary accepted his proposal at the end of the episode, but I assume the proposal will be broken off soon. That will probably be messy though, and I wonder how it will happen.

I absolutely have to mention (yet again) how frustrated I am with the accents. I've already talked about how much I hate that every single character from every country has an English accent. Well, now they introduce Tomas from Portugal and give him a different accent. Is there a certain reason that the Portuguese guy needs to be portrayed as somehow more foreign than all of the other characters on the show? I'm just really frustrated about this. I can deal with the historical inaccuracies, but the accents are quite honestly ruining the show a bit for me.

I totally get the king thinking about what he's doing politically. You have to do that when you run a country. At the same time, I'm really frustrated because Scotland needs help and it would be the right thing to do. I can see both sides of the problem, but no matter what the king's belief that not helping is in France's best interest, I still want them to help. It's thinks like this that remind me I should never be allowed to run a country.

Mary's one handmaiden (whose name I can't remember) and the servant were really cute, and I look forward to seeing how that goes. I don't see it ending well though...

I also hope Sebastian ends up being okay. I can't see them letting him die, especially not this early in the show. I also started to kind of like the idea of him and Kenna together after this episode, but that also makes me feel weird because of his dad. I don't know. We'll see how that goes.

Francis kissing Mary at the end of the episode and then telling her to marry Tomas was sad, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm fairly certain that she's not going to marry Tomas. I'm not really worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment