Thursday, March 13, 2014

Favorite Animated Movies

Even though I'm 20 years old, I still really love animated movies. Most of the movies I liked as a kid are still just as good to me, and I love seeing new ones whenever they come out as well. Here are just a few of my favorites. This is by no means a definitive list. I like too many, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Beauty and the Beast. I know I've said many times that this is my favorite Disney movie, but it's also my favorite animated movie Disney and otherwise. I have a hard time actually knowing what makes it my favorite. I feel like the Stockholm syndrome aspects and the whole falling in love with a beast thing should disturb me a bit more than they do, especially now that I'm older. I love the movie though, and I think a lot of that has to do with Belle, who is by far my favorite Disney princess. You can't make a movie with a princess who loves books and who gets given a giant library and not expect that to be my favorite movie. (By the way, the scene where the Beast gives Belle that giant library still goes down as the most romantic movie scene ever in my book.)

The Lion King. This is my second favorite Disney movie and also probably my second favorite animated movie outside of Disney as well. The beginning of the movie where Simba and Nala are cubs is adorable, which is a plus. Also, "Be Prepared" is one of my favorite Disney villain songs, and I have a thing for Disney villain songs.

Anastasia. I think Anastasia may be my favorite animated movie that isn't Disney, and I don't think I'm very alone in that. Regardless of the fact that it's a movie that takes a historical story and doesn't really try to hard to stick to the truth, it's a good movie. "At the Beginning" also happens to be one of my favorite songs of all time, and, unrelated to Anastasia, it actually reminds me of Kataang from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Brave. I had to throw a Pixar movie in there, and Brave has somewhat recently become my favorite. I only got to actually see it less than a year ago, and it surpassed my last favorite. I love Merida and how determined she is to not be just married off to a random guy, and it's great how the movie is more about her and her mother than her and a guy.

The Princess and the Frog. This one became one of my favorites as soon as I saw it. I remember the original fairy tale being fascinating to me after I read a version of it as a kid, so I was really intrigued when I found out Disney was making a movie out of it. I really loved it, and Tiana has become my second favorite princess after Belle.

I think five is a good place to stop, although I could go on and on. I already have about five more I could add to this list, but I feel that if I'll keep going this will be never-ending. I feel bad that Anastasia ended up being the only non-Disney movie on the list. If I kept going How to Train Your Dragon would be up there too, although I'm not really sure of any others. Possibly Shrek. I have tons of other Disney movies that I'd also like to add. I'm cutting myself off though. These are probably my top five favorites, except now I'm really regretting not adding How to Train Your Dragon. I just need to stop his post before I decide to go on.

What are your favorite animated movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment