Friday, March 14, 2014

Reign Review: Season 1 Episode 14: "Dirty Laundry"

This episode starts after a time gap of two months where Mary and Francis have been on their honeymoon. That was a bit surprising to me. I'm not going to lie, the thought of Mary and Francis going on a honeymoon never even crossed my mind. Even so though, I wouldn't have expected the gap. Sure, Mary and Francis were off having a relaxing honeymoon, but I just can't believe that nothing really happened at all back at the castle during that time. Also, was Sebastian just roaming around in the snow for those two months?

I have to say that my favorite part of the episode was the Archduke's sister dying and then Catherine and Henry attempting to cover it up. Her death was absolutely hilarious. My sister actually came into the room when they were moving the body and asked how she died, my mom and I started laughing so hard that we couldn't even explain it. It's just about the biggest "that totally wouldn't happen" moments, but I thought it was too hilarious to even care about that. I also really appreciated Catherine and Henry attempting to scrub the blood off and not really having any idea what they're doing. It was all very amusing.

Olivia just randomly reappears from nowhere. I had been thinking about her the past couple of episodes, although I can't really remember if I mentioned her disappearance in any of my recent reviews. I was wondering if she would ever come back or if she was just mysteriously gone forever. I suppose running off back when she did was a horrible idea. I'm really curious as to what she has seen that's caused her to go so crazy.

Catherine seems so thrilled with Mary now, and I really enjoy that. I thought the scene where she's giving Mary the stuff to help her get pregnant was kind of cute, and I also loved when she accidentally almost gave her poison instead. It's nice seeing her happy about Mary and Francis's relationship now as opposed to trying to get Mary killed.

I knew that what happened between Lola and Francis would come back to cause drama, although I admit that I wasn't expecting her to be pregnant. As soon as she said the dress Mary had brought her was too tight though, I realized. I'm not necessarily happy about it as that is going to create a whole host of complications that will probably last the entire rest of the show's run. I am glad that Mary finally knows about Lola and Francis though because I think she deserves to know. I have no idea how this is all going to play out, but I hope Francis finds out soon. They can only keep Lola's pregnancy a secret for so long after all, and once he knows she's pregnant, he'll be able to do the math and know that he's at least possibly the father.

Sebastian meets a new girl in this episode, and that really makes me happy. He deserves someone nice who he doesn't have to fight his brother over. I hope she sticks around for a while and their relationship develops.

I think that's all I really have to say about this episode. I think we have quite a lot to wonder about in the coming episodes. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

No comments:

Post a Comment