Thursday, March 27, 2014

Favorite Television Shows

Two years ago I made a post about TV shows that I enjoy watching over and over. All of those shows still have their places on my favorite TV shows list, and I don't think that will ever change. (Also, I mention not having been able to watch Dawson's Creek for a long time, and I'm actually in the middle of a rewatch right now thanks to the entire series being on Netflix. Yay!) I won't be listing any of those shows here again because you can just check that post out, but I want to add a few more shows now.

Jimmy Neutron. I don't know why I didn't put this on the last list honestly. This is probably my favorite cartoon aside from Avatar (both series) and Rugrats. I don't watch it often, primarily because I don't have a way to, but I've always thought it was a really fun show.

Legend of Korra. I wrote the last post a few months before the first season of Korra aired, so I couldn't have possibly added it to the previous list. I'm so in love with Korra though. Last Airbender will always have a super special place in my heart of course, but I have to say that I do love Korra more in certain ways. Getting to learn so much about the backstory of the Avatar universe is amazing, and Korra often feels more epic to me than the first series did. I love it.

Ouran High School Host Club. I had watched and loved Ouran when I wrote the first list, and I really don't know why I didn't add it. The list was centered around shows you rewatch, and I seriously rewatch Ouran more than almost any other show. It's just such a perfect show in my mind. I'll just be going through my normal day and suddenly think about how I haven't watched Ouran in a while, and then I have an uncontrollable urge to watch it again. Both the anime and the manga make me unbelievably happy. Even the live action drama is enjoyable to me, although I'd choose the anime first. I just really love Ouran.

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. I've been in the process of watching Naruto since I was a sophomore in high school (more than four years at this point), so I was watching it at the time of the last post and couldn't add it as a rewatch. It's still not a rewatch. I honestly don't know why I'll get caught up with this show. Whenever I do I think I'll feel a bit lost in life. Naruto does have chunks of the show that are boring and hard to get through, but when it's good, it's so, so good. It's managed to get me so sucked in that I suffer through the worser episodes for the good parts. And I feel too connected to the characters to ever stop watching.

How I Met Your Mother. I was in the process of watching How I Met Your Mother when I wrote the last post I think. I think I had about another year to go before I caught up. (Can you tell I'm really bad at watching shows quickly?) I feel like I can't write much about it now since the series finale airs Monday, and thinking about it makes me a bit emotional. I think it's an amazing show.

I think those are all of the shows I have to add now. I'll probably make another post like this in a year or two and have even more shows to add. There are two shows (other than HIMYM) that I'm watching on TV as they air. They're both in their first season, so I want to get a bit farther than that before I declare either of them a favorite. I'm also in the process of watching Supernatural and am still on season one, so we'll see if that gets a spot on this list later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment