Monday, March 10, 2014

Life Post: The First Weekend of Spring Break

Spring break has been going really well. I don't want to think about how it's basically one-fourth of the way over even though it's only been a couple of days. I already feel like I've gotten more rest since I had for quite a while, which is honestly pretty impressive when I'm at home with my family. Usually I have trouble sleeping at home because of the noise, but this time hasn't been too bad yet even though I got woken up early this morning and last night. It hadn't been enough to really interfere with how awake I feel yet.

On Saturday I went driving with my mom. I'm absolutely determined that this summer is when I will finally get my license. It was the first time I'd driven in months, and it actually went really well. Usually I'm a ball of nerves and it's a horribly stressful experience. I actually thought that it went rather well this time. I drove both there and back, which doesn't happen often because I usually get too stressed out on the drive there to drive back. Yet I drove back and still didn't get too stressed out by the time I was done. I'm hoping that's a good sign that I'm not getting as much anxiety about driving, but it was a bit odd that I managed that without driving for months.

I drove to Owensboro though, and my mom and I went to flea markets. I feel like that's always where we end up going when I drive (which means driving on one of the streets I hate driving on so much). My mom always seems to want to go to the flea market. We saw an outhouse for sale though, so that was interesting.

Sunday was church and visiting my grandma. It was really nice to visit with her for a while. Other than that, I really didn't do much yesterday, which is odd because I feel like yesterday was really busy. Maybe it was just how long we spend at my grandma's (plus church to I suppose).

I was in the middle of writing this post when I got interrupted by a package arriving, and it's a book that I got for review. I instagrammed it, and hopefully I'll get around to reading and reviewing it soon. I'm already reading two different books, so I want to finish one of them first. That shouldn't be too hard to do quickly though considering it's spring break. The book looks really interesting, and I'm sure it could be helpful considering I'm in the target age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment