Thursday, March 20, 2014

Twisted Review: Season 1 Episode 17: "You're a Good Man, Charlie McBride"

First of all, I need to say that for the first half of this episode or so I really didn't get to really see a lot of it. At first I was having TV problems, and that made me miss the first minute or two. Once I finally got the channel in, it seemed like a ton of stuff that needed my attention came up at once. I think it was about twenty minutes in when things were finally calm and I could focus entirely on Twisted. With that in mind, here's my thoughts on the episode.

Whitney and Lacey went to New York City together, which was a surprise to me. I'm not really sure what I expected Whitney to do in the series. I was more focused on the fact that she could possibly be Tess's daughter to even consider her forming friendships with the other teen characters. To be honest, I'm really not liking Whitney much at this point. She comes across as a bit spoiled, and I find that to be an annoying character trait. Her kissing Lacey was also out of the blue, and I'm not really sure where that's supposed to be going. I can't get if they just wanted a lesbian character for diversity and decided, "Hey, she could kiss Lacey," or if the kiss is actually going to lead to a storyline that includes Whitney having feelings for Lacey. The later certainly doesn't seem like what's happening to me, but we'll just wait and see.

I still hate Charlie just as much as before, and it kills me that Jo is trusting him so much. Charlie and Danny's little showdown was tense. I'm starting to warm up to Charlie being on the show just because I find the tension between him and Danny to be interesting. However, I still hate watching Jo trust him so much. I still have no idea why Charlie went to juvie either, but I know that he probably did something much worse than steal a car.

I knew it wasn't Jack who moved the body. That wasn't a surprise at all. I do really wonder who it was though. I'm most curious about whether it was a character we've already met or someone that's going to show up later.

I almost hate to admit that Rico and Andie were adorable in this episode. They actually might have been my favorite part. Plus, they watched Star Wars on their date. That automatically makes it an amazing date, and I don't know how I can't ship a couple that watches Star Wars together. Honestly, I don't know if I'm entirely done with shipping Rick and Jo together, but for now, I'm going to have to say that I support Rico and Andie's relationship entirely. Jo's frustrating me lately with the whole Charlie thing, and I'm just not as enthused about the possibility of her and Rico being together as I was in the past. Rico and Andie on the other hand are just too cute together.

Tess is planning to learn more about her daughter. I don't think that's too surprising, but I'm looking forward to seeing how that unfolds. That's probably what I'm looking forward to seeing most next week. I'm hoping the next episode will explore that more.

No comments:

Post a Comment