Monday, March 31, 2014

I'm Looking Forward to...

One thing that I'm really proud of myself for doing is making myself a more positive person. I'm not entirely sure when it even happened, but at some point in the last year or so I realized that I thought a lot more positively than I used to in the past. I don't really know how I did it, but I do know that now I'm more conscious of when I'm being negative and somehow I've learned how to make myself think positively again much quicker than I used to.

While I'm not entirely sure how that came about, I think part of it was looking forward to things. I've mentioned before that I have countdowns on my phone that let me know how much time I have until certain things I'm excited about. Some of them are pretty simple, such as the first day of summer break. Others are more exciting like my Little Mix and One Direction concerts. All of them are things I'm looking forward to though, and thinking about them when I'm down really helps. (As does reading or watching a show I love, but that's a coping mechanism I've always used and not what I want to talk about in this post.)

I'm writing this not about the positivity/negativity thing, but just because I want to write about all the things I'm counting down to on my phone. I keep meaning to post the next three of these on my "life post" posts, but I tend to keep forgetting. I'll try and get better in the future, but here's all twelve of the countdowns currently on my phone are for:

My next one ends today, and it's for the How I Met Your Mother series finale. This might be the only countdown here where I actually dread it a little. I'm not ready for the show to end! But Ted's going to meet the mother, and isn't that what we've been looking forward to for years? It's definitely bittersweet.

My next countdown after that won't end for about a month, and that's for summer break on May 9th. It's just recently started hitting me how close summer break is. It hasn't felt like spring at all recently, so thinking about summer seemed ridiculous. Now I'm finally starting to even with the weather, and it's getting me excited for the fun things happening this summer.

May 27th is going to be a crazy day because two amazing things are being released. First of all, City of Heavenly Fire, the final Mortal Instruments book, is released. Words can't describe how excited and also utterly terrified I am about this book. The number of people who are supposed to die probably has me worried more than anything. I think the chances are good that at least one of my favorite characters won't make it, and that scares me.  Cher Lloyd's new album Sorry I'm Late is also released that day. I have it preordered on iTunes, so I should be getting that right at midnight. I can't wait to hear it all. The songs we've heard so far are absolutely incredible, and there's no doubt in my mind that this album will be even better than her first. I also really want to get a hard copy, but that may have to wait depending on how much money I have when it's released.

Not long after that day, The Fault in Our Stars movie is released on June 6th. I've never made it a secret in the past how much I love the book, and the movie looks really good as well from what we've seen. I'm really excited! Continuing with movies, How to Train Your Dragon 2 comes out on June 13th. I don't get the opportunity to see many movies in the theater, and when I do, they tend to be book adaptations, but this is one I really want to see because I love the first one. I won't be able to see it on opening day though because...

June 13th is the day I see Little Mix in concert! I'm unbelievably excited! I have fourth row seats! I got to meet them the last time they came to Indianapolis, but when they performed we couldn't actually see them. I may not get the chance to meet them this time, but I'll have a great view when they perform. Plus, they have a new album now, and I'm dying knowing I'll see some of those songs performed. It's going to be such an absolutely incredible wonderful day.

The next countdown isn't until August 4th, which is my 21st birthday. Honestly, I think that may be more scary than exciting. I could care less about being able to drink, so for me it's just getting older. I'm trying to freak out less about growing up though, so I'm turning it into a positive thing.

August 15th is The Giver movie's release. I've been in love with this book since I was twelve, and the trailer really doesn't look that impressive. Still, I'm hoping for the best.

My One Direction concert is on August 29th! This will be my second time seeing them, and I'm just as excited as I was the first time. There will be new songs, and it will be Liam's birthday! Plus, it'll actually be my first time going to Chicago, so that's exciting.

The last two countdowns are for both of the Mockingjay movies, which are released on November 21st of this year and November 20th of next year. I love the Hunger Games series, and both movies were great so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they adapt Mockingjay.

And that's all the countdowns I have at the moment. Let me know if you can think of anything else I should countdown to. I know there are plenty of awesome things happening that I haven't thought to add, and I'm always up for having more things to look forward to. Let me know if there's anything you're looking forward to as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment