Saturday, September 27, 2014

Legend of Korra Book 4 Trailer Reaction

The original plan was to write a Naruto review today since I'm a bit behind on that, but then the Book 4 trailer for Korra was released yesterday, and I just have to talk about it. I freaked out about it on both Twitter and Tumblr, but I'm definitely not satisfied yet and need to talk about it. I feel like there are so many things in it though that I'm sure I'll miss things.

First of all, we're going to have a time skip of three years. That wasn't something I was expecting at all, but I'm excited because it means we get a Korra who's my age. The airbender kids are also all three years older (obviously), and I'm really excited to see them at their new ages. Rohan will be walking and talking now, guys! I didn't realize how excited that would make me until now.

I'm also curious to see how everyone's relationships will be now after such a gap in time. Kai and Jinora will be older. Will they be an official couple? I'd love it if they were, and I can easily see that being the case. I'm also excited to see all of the friendships strengthened after another three years of knowing each other because I'm a sucker for friendships. What I'm most curious though is how they're going to handle Makorra. It'll be interesting to see what Mako and Korra's relationship is like now after the awkwardness of last season. I really think they'll be together by the end of the series, and I look forward to seeing that happen.

I only had a few things that I most definitely hoped would happen this coming season. Those things were seeing Zuko and Katara again and hopefully seeing Toph as well. I said it would be even better if we saw the three of them together. Well, both Zuko and Katara were shown in the trailer, so I'm really happy to know that we're at least getting that. Then the bomb was dropped at the end of the trailer when Korra says something to Toph but we don't actually see Toph. The farther we got in season three, the more I thought we'd see Toph in Book 4, but I wasn't at all expecting confirmation of that in the trailer. I'M SO EXCITED, GUYS! I'm praying for a scene with the three of them together. It would probably kill me.

We also got a glimpse of who has to be Zuko's daughter. That was the other character I was hoping to see. I'm so excited to learn more about her and see what her personality is actually like.

The only other thing I'm really hoping for at this point is something I'm not sure if I'll get. I talked a little bit in one of my reviews last season about how I thought it was weird we didn't know anything about Sokka's kids or if he even had kids. I'd love for that to come up in the last season, but I'm not betting on it. Then again, I never in a million years expected to see Toph during the first two seasons, and look where we are now.

Words can't even express how excited I am for this season, and I can't believe we're getting it in less than a week. I'm not prepared for it to be over, but I'm also so ready to know what happens. It's a double-edged sword. I'm pretty sure this is going to be an amazing end to the series though, and that's all I can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment