Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Social Media Book Tag

This is another one of those tags that I took from Youtube and ended up doing on my blog instead. In this case, I saw both Kristina and Mallory do it before deciding to do it myself. Basically, it asks questions that are inspired by different social media.

Twitter: Choose your favorite shortest book.

This is difficult because I'm so bad at thinking of things in term of size. I looked at Goodreads to try and gauge it, but even with that, a lot of the page numbers are either unknown or I can tell they're wrong. I think I'm going to have to go with The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling. It's only a little over 100 pages, and I really do love all of those stories.

Facebook: Choose a book that everyone pressured you into reading.

This one is also difficult because I never really feel pressured to read anything unless you count school books. If I have books recommended to me, I'll only read it if I'm interested, even if it's recommended a million times, and I don't usually have people who really push a book on me hard. The book community online definitely influences my reading but I wouldn't say it's in a pressure sort of way.

My answer is going to be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, but that's not because I was pressured into reading it. I was just pressured into reading it earlier than I had planned. I preordered the book in order to get it signed and I'd read John's other books, so I knew I would like it. Once I got it though, I set it aside to read the other books I already owned. During that time, I lent it to my friend Haley, and she went on about it so much that I had to push it ahead in my TBR and read it immediately. I'm glad I did because with the state of my TBR, I think I would have only gotten around to it about now otherwise, which would have meant a big disadvantage with the movie.

Tumblr: Choose a book you read before it was cool.

What constitutes a book being cool? This is difficult because I feel like a good deal of the books I could say were books I read when they were already "cool" within a certain community (namely online) but not quite incredibly mainstream. The Fault in Our Stars is one example. I also read both Twilight and The Hunger Games before they were series that absolutely everyone you know has heard of, but they were already big around the Internet, which is how I had heard of them in the first place.

Myspace: Choose a book where you can't remember whether you liked it or not.

This is difficult for me. I'm pretty good at remembering my reactions to books. The only way I can really see myself going with this is wondering if how I would feel now has changed since I read it. There are definitely books like that. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell was a book I read for school in sixth grade, and I remember being really unimpressed at the time, but not I wonder if I would like it more now because it actually seems like something that should appeal to me.

Instagram: Choose a book that was so beautiful that you just had to Instagram it.

The funny thing about this is I really don't pay a whole lot of attention to covers unless they really grab my attention, yet I Instagram a ton of books because books. There are a lot of covers I could say for this, but since The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson is here at school with me, it's the first one coming to mind. Honestly, I don't think pictures of the cover do the book justice. The cover has also changed now, so I don't know how easy it is to find the actual cover that I own.

Youtube: Choose a book you wish would be turned into a movie.

What book don't I wish would be turned into a movie? I love movie adaptations just to see how they turn out, even if they're terrible (although I prefer them good of course). However, I'm going to go a kind of different route and choose City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. That's the second in the Mortal Instruments series, but the first one was made into a movie I haven't actually seen said movie because I read the first book right after it left theaters, and I haven't gotten a hold of the DVD yet. From what I hear, it was pretty bad. Still, I love this series so much that I really would love movies for all of them, and right now, it's looking like that probably won't happen.

Goodreads: Choose a book that you recommend to everyone.

Am I making this choice because it's always my answer to this question or because I have to keep with the trend of having it in every tag ever that I do? Both. It is without a doubt the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. If there was something I wanted everyone in the world to have read, it would be Harry Potter. Watching the movies is better than nothing at all, but it's still not good enough.

If any of you would like to do this, feel free to, and let me know if you do as well. I'd love to know your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment