Monday, September 15, 2014

Life Post: I Refuse to Have a Starbucks Problem

My Mondays typically pale in comparison to my Tuesdays, but this particular Monday is trying really hard to be a difficult one. This morning was one of those mornings where I woke up and my covers were all messed up, which is a sign that I didn't sleep well. Sure enough, even after a morning nap after my first class, I feel exhausted. It's not usually this bad even if I feel tired.

I realized this morning that I've hardly used any of what's called knight bucks at my school. They're part of our meal plan, and they work exactly like real money at any restaurant on campus (other than the dining all of course). Since we got new restaurants, they changed around the meal plans and now only offer one which includes double the amount of knight bucks we used to get, yet I've used even less than I typically would have last year. I decided that meant it would be a good idea to use some today. They just expire if I don't use them by the end of the semester, and that seems like a waste. So, I went to Starbucks and bought a pumpkin spice latte. It's the first time I've had one other than a sip of a frappuccino one my sister got once, and this thing is delicious. I think I get why this becomes a problem for some people. (This is only my third Starbucks in my life, which I know is shocking for some people.) I'll probably manage to use up those knight bucks now, but I refuse to become one of those people constantly at Starbucks.

I also had a test this morning, and it went really well. We got to choose the format of it, and everyone chose multiple choice and true and false. It wasn't that bad at all, so here's hoping I did as well as I feel like I did. The only thing I wasn't certain on was some of the stuff involving sociologist's names. I'm terrible with names, so I'm never sure that I have who's who straight in my head.

What's weird about Mondays is it's not even noon yet, but I've already been to two of my three classes for the day. Plus, I have three hours in between these classes. I could take another nap, but I really want to get things done. Tomorrow is my crazy day after all, and it'll be even crazier tomorrow because I have this RA scheduled thing that I'm not entirely sure what it entails. I suppose I should enjoy the three hour break I have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment