Saturday, September 13, 2014

Life Post: The Fast Yet Slow Semester

This semester is a bit odd. In a lot of ways, it feels like it's flying by, but then I remember that it's only September, which doesn't seem right. It seems like we're much later in the semester than that. As long as if keeps feeling like it's going by fast though, then I guess that's all that matters.

My weekend is probably going to be full of more studying than anything. I have a test on Monday and a test on Tuesday to study for as well as two different papers to work on. I also managed to get a bit of writing done on non-school related things this morning. I haven't had much time to write outside of homework so far this semester, so everything's coming along slowly. I'm still posting my Hunger Games fanfiction Rebuild and Recover though (just posted a chapter yesterday), so that makes it seem like I'm being a lot more productive than I am.

I had an unexpected "adventure" with my sister yesterday. She's decided to apply to work somewhere about twenty minutes away, and I went with her to turn in the application. There were a few missed turns that probably doubled the trip, but it was interesting. Coming back we even had trouble because she kept missing turns for restaurants, and we were starving before we got to one.

I'm seeing her again today because we're going to go grocery shopping with her two roommates. They're almost out of food all together I think, and I'm running low on snacks (although not so much meal-type foods, which is odd for me). I don't know when that's happening because I haven't heard from her, but they're probably all still asleep. Who knows when it'll be.

1 comment: