Friday, March 27, 2015

Life Post: Some More (Brief) Thoughts About Zayn Leaving One Direction

Day three of One Direction without Zayn Malik continues... Okay. Less melodrama. In all honesty, I'm feeling much better than yesterday. Whatever that means. It's kind of simmered out to a sense of "eh" about it all where I'm not showing any outward signs of being upset but I'm not all that happy about things either.

I'm very aware that for a lot of people caring at all is laughable. But I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to care if people judged me for having legitimate emotional reactions to things. Caring about things is more or less the point of life, and if that means getting emotional about certain things that seem ridiculous to other others, so be it. I'm getting a little soap box-y here, but I've seen a lot of One Direction fans getting mocked for being upset about this, and it drives me crazy. Let's be honest, there is very little difference between how sports fans and boyband fans and any other type of fans. Certain groups are just judged more.

Anyway, in news that isn't about One Direction. Well, okay, I don't have much news that doesn't pertain to One Direction. I just posted last night, so it's not like there's been much time for anything to happen. I did present in one of my classes today. I think it went well. But other than sitting through one other class today, nothing has happened since my last post.

Despite my feelings over Zayn having evened out, it's still the only thing I've really thought about besides school work, so I'm going to end this before I start rambling on.

All I'm going to end with is mentioning briefly that Zayn's interview with The Sun was released last night (for America, early morning for England), and I have a lot of thoughts on it. The entire fandom has a lot of thoughts on it. But I'm still working on sorting them out into something coherent, which is why I'm avoiding talking about it right now. (I did tweet a few initial reactions if you're curious.) I still want to write something more in depth about my thoughts, but I think that interview is going to make it take more time. I want to have a good idea of what I think before I get to writing it. What I can say is this is proving to be quite a complicated situation to make sense of.

No comments:

Post a Comment