Monday, March 16, 2015

Reflecting on the Past

I'm feeling pretty sentimental today. Even though I really don't know how I've even had the time to feel sentimental considering how busy I am. I don't have time to stop and think about anything that isn't what I'm dong at the moment, but when I have been the past couple of days, my thoughts keep wandering to the past.

I get like that sometimes. For a week or so, I'll be stuck in the past. It's not an "I wish I could go back" sort of thing. It's just a sort of state I get in where I keep reflecting on stuff that happened before.

Sometimes it's a little bad since I start reflecting on bad stuff, but more often than not it's fond stuff or, at the very least, neutral.

I think it's good for me actually. Sure, you shouldn't live in the past, but I think it's a good idea to reflect on stuff that happened sometimes. One of my favorite quotes is "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana, and I think this is one of the ways that I try to live by that quote.

So, that's the kind of state I've been in and probably will be in for a little bit longer. I don't know what sets these little periods off, but I don't think they're a bad thing. They're just helping me learn from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment