Saturday, February 25, 2012

Avatar Shipping: Sukka

You can go here for an introduction to this series and a list of other posts in it.


My Opinion

Sukka is the only Avatar ship that I kind of ship but not really.  I knew they would probably end up together in the end, and I accepted it.  I was glad that both Suki and Sokka are happy together.  However, Tokka remains my favorite Sokka ship, and I'll always have a preference for it.  I tend not to read Sukka fanfiction unless it's not the main focus of the story, but I do enjoy it when I read it.  I just wouldn't seek it out over Tokka.


Why do people ship Sukka?

Sukka is obviously a canon ship, so there's no surprise people like it.  Since I do have generally positive feelings on Sukka, I can see perfectly why people ship it.  When they first meet on Kyoshi Island, Suki shows Sokka that girls can fight too, which was something he definitely needed to learn soon in the series.  I think the final episodes showed why Sukka is a great ship.  That was when we finally got to see them together for a somewhat extended period of time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoyed their interactions with each other in those episodes.

Fan Works

Fanfiction

I found a community on fanfiction.net with thirty Sukka fanfictions.  You can check them out here.

Fan Art

Here are the search results for the most popular Sukka works on deviantArt.

Fan Videos

Here are the search results for Sukka on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment