Monday, February 13, 2012

Arthurian Legends and Bread and Circuses

We started reading Arthurian legends in AP English today. We got part of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (I think it was called) for homework today, and I enjoyed it even though it wasn't my favorite thing ever. I just enjoy it because you hear so much about Arthurian legends, but I'd never actually read one until today. I think we're reading part of one other one too.

We talked about our first memories in psychology. I really don't gave anything interesting, so I just mentioned how I remembered my grandma coming over to babysit me when I was pretty little. Our teacher said he had a student once that claimed she could remember being in the womb. We talked about whether or not that's possible or if she'd just made herself believe it was a real memory. It was interesting.

Ji and I sold these computer fun surveys for Key Club at lunch today. The whole school takes a survey and then a computer puts them with their "best matches." Even though the money goes toward Key Club, I don't think I'll get mine. It's pretty pointless, and I don't want to spend the money on it.

In current events, we watched a video comparing the U.S. and the Roman Empire. It said stuff about the inflation today being like the Romans lying about how much silver was in their coins, and they said we have a version of bread and circuses today. It was an interesting video, and I can see where they're coming from.

Work has been pretty slow today. I think the cold's keeping everyone away. We're supposed to get snow tonight, and if we do, that'll be only about the second time this year. It's not supposed to be much, but we'll see what happens. I'd like to have just one snow day my senior year...

No comments:

Post a Comment