Monday, February 6, 2012

Naruto Review: Episodes 184-186

This post is going to be a review of episodes 184, 185, and 186 of Naruto.  These are each stand-alone episodes that don't belong in an arc.  I'm just going to give some of my thoughts on each episode.

Episode 184 is called Kiba's Long Day.  I found this episode really sad.  It's about Kiba and Akamaru going on a mission and Akamaru (I can't remember what happened to cause it) kind of losing himself and starting to hurt people.  It was hard to watch in places.  I find Akamaru absolutely adorable and watching him in pain and turning mean was hard.  The hardest parts to watch though were Kiba's reaction to everything.  It may have been a pointless episode, but it almost had me in tears.

The next episode is called A Legend from the Hidden Leaf: the Onbaa.  I found most of this episode incredibly weird.  There's no other way to describe it.  I mean it's about Naruto carrying some strange creature around on his back because it refuses to get off.  At first I thought it was cute, but then the thing started growing.  By the time its feet were dragging on the ground and Naruto was still carrying him, it just weirded me out.  I did think it was kind of cute how he saved Naruto in the end though.  Overall, it was just a strange episode.

Episode 186 was called Laughing Shino.  This episode was a bit weird as well but nothing like 185.  I don't know if this is something that actually happens in Japan sometimes, but the concept of sending a representative in your place to  funeral just seems weird to me.  If you're able to go to the funeral (especially if it's for your father) shouldn't you go regardless of what the will says?  The laughing drug was also a bit weird, but that was nothing compared to the funeral.  Everyone attempting to make Naruto laugh was just strange.  I wasn't at all surprised when the man turned out to really be alive.  It wasn't a horrible episode, but it definitely wasn't that great.

No comments:

Post a Comment