Friday, February 10, 2012

Presentations, Red Velvet Cupcakes, and Interviews

I think this is the fastest a week has gone by for me in a really long time.  The irony is that I spent most of it sick.  I'm usually complaining about how long days are if I'm feeling really bad, but this time it flew by quicker than normal.

I gave a presentation on synesthesia in AP English today.  I was so nervous.  I actually think I did worse than I did on the presentation I gave in current events last Friday.  Two of us presented today, and mine was a lot shorter.  I feel as if I didn't have enough information, and I definitely stumbled over my words while talking.  I'm glad I'm done with presentations for the foreseeable future.

For some reason Ji got cupcakes today.  She cadets in the guidance office and the secretary just gave her two of them.  For some unexplainable reason Ji didn't want them, and she gave both of them today.  I can tell you that having a red velvet cupcake for a mid-morning snack is pretty awesome.  (Red velvet is one of the very few types of cake I like, and I absolutely love it.)

Tomorrow my mom and I are driving up to Indianapolis for an interview with a college.  At least we're supposed to.  It was sleeting a little earlier, and it's supposed to keep up with that all night.  My mom doesn't want to drive up there if the weather's still bad.  There are only two interview days, and we got assigned the date and time, so I don't know what will happen if we can't go up there.  This isn't my top choice school (and this is for a scholar program, not to get into the school), but it's still a really nice school.  It's definitely still an option, and getting into the program would be nice.  Plus, I hate saying I'll go and then not showing up.  I guess we'll just have to see what the weather does...

No comments:

Post a Comment