Sunday, February 19, 2012

Books That Make Me Emotional

What is the one scene in a book that has had the most emotional effect on you?  I've read many things that made me emotional before, but there's no doubt that my answer to this question would be the entirely of the Into the Forest Again chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  There's not one scene in a book that has had as much of an effect on me as that one.  If you've read the Harry Potter series, then I don't think I have to explain why.  I don't think anyone who's made it through the entire series can be unemotional when they reach that chapter.

I'm planning on beginning reading The Fault in Our Stars by John Green tonight, and I've heard that it's a pretty emotional book, so maybe I'll have a different answer soon.  I doubt it though.  The Fault in Our Stars will probably make me cry, and I have no doubt it will be emotional.  I don't think it can rival Harry Potter though.  It's not anything against John's writing, but the biggest reason Into the Forest Again had such an effect on me was that it was nearing the end of a seven book series that I'd read since I was eight.  Still, I imagine I'm going to be bawling my eyes out soon.  I don't know whether I should be looking forward to it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment