Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Korra Nation and the New Trailer

Chances are if you're an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan and have been keeping up with the Legend of Korra news, you've probably already heard of Korra Nation.  If you haven't you should really go check it out.  Nick's releasing a bunch of awesome new Korra stuff from there, and you can win prizes by sharing the information and winning points.  So far we've gotten some awesome scenery pictures and even a new character sketch.  The most exciting bit though, for me at least, was the new trailer they released.

I've been trying to avoid all of the stuff that was leaked (except for the opening which I watched twice), but this is official and I have no qualms about watching it a million times.  I just want to go through everything in the trailer and fangirl about it, so that's what I'm going to do...

The trailer starts off talking about Aang saving the world, which I think is great.  They definitely need to focus on this new series' connection to the old one in their advertising (at least in the beginning).  I absolutely love the first shot we see of Korra in the trailer.  She's standing in front of a statue of Aang.  The symbolism of that is just amazing.

I will admit that the one problem I have with the trailer is how Korra's voice actor delivers the first line she has.  For some reason that one land sounds almost robotic to me.  She does a great job with every other line in the trailer though.

I love the shots we get of her fighting.  I've heard several people mention that the thing she does with water is really similar to what Aang does in the very beginning of the first series.  I wonder how much symbolism will bind the two shows together.  I also love seeing her bend multiple elements in the trailer.  It'll be interesting to have an Avatar with only one element left to master.  She's not starting with element number two like Aang.

The cars, cameras, microphones, etc. are strange but cool.  It'll be interesting to see how the technology plays into the series.

I absolutely love that Tenzin's in the trailer.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to love him no matter what his character turns out to be like.  I fangirl Aang and Katara too much to hate their offspring.  Plus, the way he delivers his line cracks me up.  It kind of reminds me of something Sokka would say, but Tenzin seems more mature than Sokka (understandable considering Sokka was a teenager and Tenzin's an adult).  The fact that Korra destroyed something is historic is great.  She's going to be an entirely different Avatar than Aang.

I love the amount of comedy we get in the trailer.  There's so much of it, but they fit in a great amount of action too.

I love how Nala seems to like to lick just as much as Appa did.  (I'm just now realizing that their names are kind of similar too.)

And then it ends by saying "coming soon."  I can't wait until we get a release date!  We've been waiting for this for so long.  I mean, after Avatar ended, we didn't know if there was going to be anything else.  I thought the finale might be the last bit of Avatar I'd ever see, and now four years later we're finally getting more.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I may cry when this comes on the TV.  (Okay, so I probably won't cry.  I'll be so happy that I'll drive everyone around me insane though.)  I almost cried over the comic book. Actually getting another series is just freaking amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment