Thursday, February 16, 2012

Avatar Shipping: Ty Lokka

For past posts in this "series" you can go to these places: intro, Zutara, Kataang, Tokka, and Teoph.  This post will be about Ty Lee and Sokka or Ty Lokka.

My Opinion

To be honest, Ty Lokka isn't a ship I've really thought about much even though it seems to have a somewhat decent amount of support in the fandom.  Sure Ty Lee flirted with Sokka once, and he kind of flirted back, but I don't think they'd make a good couple if they actually dated.  I don't really care for it at all.  It actually sounds a little boring.

Why do people ship Ty Lokka?

I really don't know how to answer this question.  I suppose it mostly stems from the flirting that happens in The Drill, but I can't see that in itself causing people to ship it.  I guess there's just something about Ty Lee and Sokka that some people like together, but I have no idea what that would be.

Fan Works

Fanfiction

I couldn't find a Ty Lokka community on fanfiction.net,so I just did a search with Sokka and Ty Lee as characters instead.  I'm sure not all of these are romantic, but here you go.

Fan Art

Here are the results from a "Ty Lokka" search on deviantArt.

Fan Videos

Here are the results from a Ty Lokka search on Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment