Monday, February 27, 2012

As Good as Mondays Get

Today was just about as good as a Monday can possibly get.  I had an absolutely splitting headache at work, which is normal for me on Mondays, but school was full of quite a few fun moments.

We have been doing two presentations each Friday in AP English, but the two people who were supposed to go last Friday had to go today instead.  Ji was one of the people who presented today, and her PowerPoint was way more amusing than anyone else's has been so far.  She used a ton of sounds that only helped contribute to the hilariousness.  After they gave their presentations, we started watching First Knight since we just finished reading some Arthurian legends.  I've never seen the movie before.  We have to write a movie review on it when we're finished, so it is work in a way, but I'm happy to have a few days of just watching a movie.

Our deadline for a bunch of yearbook pages is the 29th, so I'm definitely starting to feel the pressure from that. The next few days are going to be stressful when it comes to yearbook.

I managed to finish the PowerPoint section of our textbook in computer applications, which means I have no work in that class until finals (or midterms technically).  That's definitely a plus the next few days, since I can work on yearbook in there now if I need to.

We were supposed to be preparing for our debate in psychology today, which we did a bit, but I think we talked about movies more than anything.  I'm not too worried about it though, since we're pretty prepared (and one member of the team we're against was involved in the conversation too).

Haley, Jordan, and I had an absolutely hilarious Hunger Games conversation in the library during lunch.  I hadn't laughed that hard in a while.  Although, I think we would have been kicked out of the library if we'd gotten much louder.

We're going to be talking about 9/11 all this week in current events.  We started today by going over the "basics" of it, and the teacher had us watched video of the planes flying into the World Trade Center.  I'm not sure what else we're going to do this week, but it should be interesting.  Quite a few kids in the class didn't seem to know quite a lot (and I didn't know all of it either, like how many terrorists were involved), so I think it's important for us to talk about.

People finished giving presentations in probability and statistics today (I went on Friday.), and there were several hilarious presentations.  I guess today was just full of hilariousness.  I think that kind of made it fill a bit like a Friday.  Overall, I think today was as good as a Monday can get.  Hopefully it's a good omen for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment