Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Avatar Shipping: Yuokka

This is another post in my Avatar Shipping series.  For an introduction and a list of the others, you can go here.


My Opinion


I wasn't really aware of the online Avatar fandom until right before season three, and I wasn't quite as obsessed with shipping when the season one finale came around as I would be later on.  I was just basically neutral to Yuokka at the time.  I didn't care one way or the other.  Although I can't remember that well, I think I found Yue's death pretty sad, but her relationship with Sokka didn't really matter to me much.  Present day, I enjoy how Yuokka played out on the show, but if Yue had lived and they remained a couple, I imagine I wouldn't have really been interested in it.  I would have probably gotten more and more bored with it as time went on.

Why do people ship Yuokka?


First of all, I don't think Yuokka is an incredibly popular ship.  Whether that's because Yue died or because people just found it boring, I don't know.  Maybe it's a combination of the two.  As for people who do ship it, they may have thought or hoped it would be the final canon ship at first, since there was obviously something between Sokka and Yue and no one knew she was going to die.  I read something the other day where Sokka would have made a great leader of the Northern Water Tribe if he married Yue.  Maybe that's a factor for some people.  There were a lot of cute little moments between Yue and Sokka.

Fan Works


Fanfiction

Here are the results of choosing Sokka and Yue as characters in the Avatar archive at fanfiction.net.

Fan Art

Here are the search results for the most popular Yuokka works on deviantArt.

Fan Videos

Here are the search results for Yuokka on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment