Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hunger Games Fanfic and Driving

It's Saturday, which means that I'm taking a day off from writing my Hunger Games fanfic that I've been working on.  That thing is proving to be very difficult.  I've never written anything like it before.  For one thing, I'm writing about an actual Hunger Games, so I have to write about fighting and weapons and such.  The only fighting scenes I've ever written before were in my Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfiction and involved bending (and weren't too terribly good), so I'm not too sure how this will turn out.  Plus, there's a huge cast of characters that I have to create, since there are 24 tributes in the games.  It's difficult to create 24 different characters that all have something unique about them to make them stand out.  Some will be more bland, since you don't need to closely follow 24 characters, but I'm still in the process of fleshing out all 24 characters.

I didn't mean to go on that rant about the fanfic, but I guess it helped make this post longer.  I'm not really planning to do much today other than go out driving with my mom so that I can get driving hours in.  I'm not sure where we'll go, but I highly doubt we'll stop anywhere.  I need to get my license this summer, so I really need to get all of those driving hours out of the way.

Other than that the only thing I need to do today is study Japanese, like always.  Once all that is done I just plan to basically just read for the rest of the day.  I'm actually disappointed with how little reading I've gotten done so far this summer, so hopefully I can get through a bit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment