Sunday, May 12, 2013

Talking to People Around the World

A week or two ago I tweeted something along the lines of, "It's amazing how often I talk to people in different countries when that was nearly impossible not too long ago."  It's something that I've thought about for years.  I'd say that I talk to someone from another country at least every few days or so, and that's kind of crazy if you really think about it.  Not even my parents could just talk to people from other countries whenever they wanted when they were my age, but now it's so easy to talk to people all over the world.

I don't really have a point with this, and my brain's not really cooperating right now.  I just think it's really cool that I have the ability to do that.  It definitely doesn't help my desire to travel, but I think it is amazing how much we can be exposed to that we couldn't before the Internet.  Hopefully the Internet will only help people become less ignorant and scared of those different from them in the future.  It's harder to view people as different from you when you can talk to them whenever you want and find out that you actually have a lot in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment