Thursday, May 9, 2013

Book Review: The Krytos Trap by Michael A. Stackpole

ISBN: 0553568035
Published: October 1996
Publisher: Spectra
Read from April 28th to May 7th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads:
The Rebels have taken the Imperial headquarters world of Coruscant, but their problems are far from over. A killer virus called Krytos is spreading among the population, and fomenting a counter-revolution, at the same time as the treason trial of Rebel hero Tycho Celchu. And X-wing pilot Corran Horn, given up for dead in "Iceheart"'s inescapable prison, discovers an extraordinary power in himself--the power of the Force!
Review:

This is the third book in the X-Wing series, and I'm starting to get so into this series.  I think this was my favorite one so far, but I can't really tell you why without revealing some spoilers...

I thought all of the characters got even more interesting in this book.  It's rare for me to be emotionally invested in so many characters in a book.  To be fair, that's at least partly because not many books have so many characters, but still, I really love a good deal of the characters in this book.  I just find them all very intriguing, and they all have their own interesting stories.  I love it.

Luke appears in this book!  I loved that.  Plus, Corran finding out his grandfather was a Jedi was awesome.  I totally saw it coming because of the medallion, but I still loved it.  The fact that all of the monuments were defaced, but the museum was really cool.  And of course it was awesome seeing Corran use a lightsaber.  I'm really excited about this possibly playing a part later in the series.

I could go on and on about a ton of the characters, but it would all be rather pointless.  One last thing:  I'm so glad they finally discovered who the traitor was since I'd known for a while.  (I should probably stop reading Wookieepedia.)  Hopefully I'll get around to the fourth book soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment