Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Review: Shifters Rule by K.C. Blake

Published: October 31st, 2013
Publisher: self-published
Read from April 21st to 27th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads: not available

Review:

Overall I thought this was a great book.  I was expecting it to be the last book, but the ending definitely hinted that there would be another.  The biggest conflict was resolved in this book, but the ending opened up even more questions.  I really, really hope there's another one, so that we can learn how that turns out.

While I did enjoy the book, there were a few times where I was a bit confused because of the world building.  It just felt like there were gaps here and there where things weren't well explained.  I'm a bit confused about the timeline.  What time period did Lovely come to earth?  Because you can't tell at all from the story, but it definitely sounded like it couldn't be later than like middle ages.  That doesn't really make sense to me because she created the first vampire and werewolf, so I would have thought it would have been a long, long time ago in order for those legends to start.  Also, how many years was the reincarnation thing going?  Because I feel like Jersey should have figured it out sooner.  I don't know.  I just couldn't take some aspects of it seriously.

Even with the problems though, I really liked it and recommend checking the series out.  It's a fun series, and I'm really glad I read it.  There are just some parts of it that were questionable.  I think they could be explained farther though, and they would be a lot more believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment