Monday, May 20, 2013

Book Review: The Sapphire Talisman by Brenda Pandos

ISBN: 0982903324
Published: December 10th, 2010
Publisher: Obsidian Mountain Publishing
Read from May 8th to 17th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads:
With the local vampire coven decimated, Julia and Nicholas try to begin a somewhat normal life together. Bound by secrecy from a shape shifter determined to see Julia’s world-saving prediction come to fruition, Julia isn’t allowed to tell Nicholas the leader survived, ransacking her happiness with guilt. When Alora returns, bent on revenge, the reunion forces Nicholas and Julia to choose what they are willing to live and die for.

Review:

Sequels usually get a bad reputation, but I honestly liked this one even more than the first in the series.  I'm not entirely sure why that is, but I think it had a lot to do with the plot.  I found this book a lot more suspenseful, and I was more invested in what was happening to the characters.  I also grew a lot more attached to the characters in this book.  While I liked both Julia and Nicholas in the first book, I grew to love them even more in this one.  Their relationship was the same for me.  I liked it in the first book but loved it in this one.

I also really grew to like Phil and Scarlett, which I wasn't expecting.  They both added very interesting elements to the story.  Tyler and Katie did as well, but I'm not too sure how I feel about that storyline yet.  I'm interested to see what happens with Katie in the next book before I decide how I feel about her.

I absolutely cannot wait to read the next book.  I think that's the book I'm reading as soon as I get done with the one I'm currently reading.  The story just got so much more intense in this one, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it pans out in the last book.

No comments:

Post a Comment