Thursday, May 9, 2013

Back Home for the Summer

I meant to blog after getting home yesterday, but I should have realized that that would never happen no matter how determined I was before actually getting home.  Moving out of the dorm and then sitting in a car for four hours wore me out.  It decided to warm up significantly just for the day that we would be carrying around heavy things outside, but after an hour we were finally able to get everything in the car.  Checking out was pretty simple after that.  She just looked around the room for about five minutes to make sure I hadn't damaged anything and then had me sign a paper.

Being home is as nice as always.  Although, I did get woken up early this morning thanks to the construction workers next-door and my dogs insistent barking at them.  Our neighbor apparently got engaged while I was away, so he's adding onto his house to make room for her two sons.  It's going to be weird getting used to that house being bigger.  I can't wait until they're done though.  It's so much noise, and that's not including our dogs adding to it.

I don't plan on doing much today.  I'm going to get back to writing, since I haven't done any really in about a week.  I was too swamped with finals and trying to get through the end of the semester.  I also want to start trying to teach myself Japanese.  I'm not sure how well that will go, but I at least want to give it a shot.  Let's hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment